Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Light the Way.

As I sit here, I am holding hands with my daughter who is watching, with extreme fascination, her brother flittering across the room, gaining & then losing interest in his new toys. Flittering. It's an usual word, but describes his actions to a tee. He moves ever so quickly, and it amazes me how interested he can be in something, then after five minutes, he's interested in something else. You can tell by the look on her face that Miss E. is eager to move, and join in what she thinks is a wonderful world of activity, with Master S., but she's too little, and is often sighted trying to crawl, or just shuffling, somehow, in his wake. He finds her to be interesting at times, but mostly, he's bored of playing with her because she is so small. If he's in the mood to sit still for longer than five minutes, then he and her can just spend hours looking at each other and giggling.
    I wonder what kind of jobs, friends, and hobbies my kids will have when they are older. I know it's a bit early to be curious on what things, people & jobs a two year old and a five month old will be interested in another 10 - 15 years from now, but it's never stopped me wondering, and even fearing, what the future holds for them.
   Master S. has developed his own flair, he makes friends easily, tends to be bossy, and is more than happy to either lead or just play by himself. Miss E, as she's only a baby, hasn't developed the friendships or personality that Master S. has, but based on how she is now, as opposed to how Master S. was at the same age, I sense she'll possess more of Mr. M's personality than my own, in which Master S. possesses. She's quite content to let her brother decide when he wants to play. I can sense she gets lonely when he chooses to play without her, and she thrives on any attention she gets, but she's never been an only child, so I sense that as she grows, her "alone" time will be sought when she's realised she'll never have any privacy, as she is not an only child.
    If I dwell on this too much, I'll have an anxiety attack related to what I am meant to do, or who I am meant to be when my kids' begin school & I am no longer a stay at home Mum, so I best just enjoy cuddles with my little girl, as I read her a story, and wonder what it is she thinks about when we read together...

No comments:

Post a Comment