Friday, January 21, 2011

Zoo Trip = Success.

Today was one of the best days I have had in a long time.
It would have been even better if Mr. M. could have come along.

The day started with me sleeping in.
I was too excited to sleep so I stayed up a LOT later than normal, and managed to doze off at the worst time, and went back to sleep after my alarm went off. I was woken an hour later by my parents banging on my window. So far, so bad.

The day did a complete turn-around from there. The car trip was awesome. The kids were chattering, singing, we stopped for breakfast [as I slept in and didn't have time to do much except a mad scramble. Thank goodness I had all our stuff organised last night] and continued on our merry way. The kids all had a nap, and before we knew it, or car trip had vanished.

When we arrived at the Zoo, the kids were gobsmacked. They were in awe of everything, and due to this were so well-behaved. It's amazing to experience things through their eyes. Sure, I've been to the Zoo, but the experience is completely different when watching it through your children's eyes. Watching your son gasp in awe as he looks at the "Brrrrrs" *waves his arm like a trunk* [a.k.a elephants]. Watching him as he realised his favourite animal in "Dear Zoo" was a lot bigger than him, was by far one of the most amazing experiences I have had in my two years of Mummy-Hood.




All in all, we had a fantastic day. The weather, the company & the animals were wonderful. It was as if the animals knew today was special for us, so they were all incredibly welcoming. [We were standing at a seemingly empty enclosure, and when all the other tourists walked away a giant bear came up to the glass to peek through at us]. I am on such a natural high, right now.

AND, I had enough cloth nappies, and no major soiling issues of said nappies, so THAT was just another plus on our awesome day out.!

No comments:

Post a Comment