Monday, July 4, 2011

Taking Baby Steps...

My house is a pig-sty.
Toys are strewn as far as the eye can see.
The remnants of lunch, emphatically stomped into the couch and carpet.
To be presented with this two days ago, would have made me angry. Want to cry at the mere sight.

Today? I am giggling.

Yes, I will have to clean it, but in that lies the problem that my babies are awake, full of energy, and will definitely pull back out all the toys I pack up within moments of me doing so.

It can wait.
The cleaning, the washing, the dishes, it can all wait.
For while I have the overwhelming urge to join my kids in pulling their toy boxes apart and rediscovering those toys we haven't seen since yesterday and MUST play with, I am acting on that urge.

I am going to join in on their nonsensical chatter, mess, the magic only children can possess, and I am going to be happy for a while.

They deserve a happy me, and so do I.

What are you doing today?

BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment