Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday Night.

World of Warcraft [my arch nemesis/the 'other woman'] goes down for maintenance tonight.
Every Tuesday it'd go down for maintenance, so myself, and hundreds of other WoW Widows [women who've lost their men to the game] got our men back for one night only.
As the maintenance nights have ceased to exist of late, every night after the kids are in bed, I am often left Blogging, Facebooking, Reading or attempting to make my own fun, as once the kids are asleep, I have no-one to talk to. This life of solitude would be fun to some, but I am a natural born chatterbox and my conversation being so limited is similar to the loss of Lt. Dan's legs in Forrest Gump.

Anyway, for some reason it's going down for maintenance, and I officially have my husband back as of 10pm.
Does this thrill me? Oddly enough, no it doesn't.
It actually bites the big one that my husband only wants to spend time with me because he has nothing else to do. In all honesty, I don't even think he wants to spend time with me, it's just a matter of he feels he has to.
I've actually decided that I might have an early night, and leave HIM with nothing to do when the game goes offline.

I did used to make a big deal about us having one night hanging out together, but now I am at that stage where I am past it. I am finding it a tad ridiculous that I am chasing around after two children all day long and then come nighttime I am watching the clock until 10pm just to spend time with my hubby. I also, find it even more ridiculous that he doesn't just think to himself "Gee, WoW goes down on a Tuesday, why don't I just spend time with my wife and ditch WoW early instead of playing it up until the very last moment it is still online".

I have explained my plight to Mr. M. time and time again and he see's my logic of wanting one night with adult company completely unfair. Yes, I wipe three arses over the course of each day, but expecting one night with the man I married to unwind because I also have very busy, and very stressful days, is completely unfair. How dare I?

If it wasn't for this blog, I'd be having this one on one fight happening in my head.
Throwing around thoughts to back up my argument because he'd get so angry at me that he'd almost convince me that I am being unfair if I want him to leave his game alone for one night.
"Would you leave your Facebook alone for a night?"
If I had a chance to spend a whole night chatting to someone other than the other poor folk who for some reason end up on Facebook every night of the week, then it's a no-brainer. Of course, I'd log out of Facebook for the night.

The kidlets have both woken up. Master S. went down early tonight so he's up, full of beans and wants to play cars. Miss E's crawling around chasing him as he picks up all his cars and moves away from her each time she gets close. There goes my evil plan of going to bed early. Not that it makes a difference, anyway, since it's 10:08pm, and World of Warcraft is still online.

1 comment:

  1. I've read about this game! And heard many women complaining about it. It's so hard not to fall into online world once the kids are in bed. It seems the way we connect with the world these days. Just a shame it doesn't include the family unit.

    I love your blog by the way. I think I just read everything. Your hilarious too!
    Ness

    ReplyDelete