Friday, February 11, 2011

FYBF - A change is as good as a holiday!

I now know why I have a laptop, to run away where possible. In the midst of my afternoon break [i.e. the time both kids sleep at the same time] one child has woken up. I'm currently sitting on the floor, while Miss E. uses my shoulder as support to stand up by herself. It's wonderful that she is learning new things, but sometimes, it makes things tough when you feel like you are a Siamese twin, and your twin is not nearly advanced in the balance/walking stakes as you are, not to mention the fact she insists on using my hair to hold on to. She's using everything she can use to stand up. The couch, people, her brother, toys, and the bookshelf. I actually watched her pull all the books off the bookshelf today. I wonder how many times she's done it prior and Master S has gotten in trouble for it!?


Awkward photo-taking on my part - as Miss E is climbing up my back.


Before the kids went down for their naps, I was busy doing something that has plagued me for the past 48 hours. As I've been flat knackered the past few days, whenever the thought entered my head, I thought "I'll get around to doing that", I just never did. The thing was to rearrange Master S' bedroom. Everytime I walked past his room, or went in there, I had a bad feeling. Crazy? Maybe, I just didn't like the way it made me feel. The way it was set up was wrong. I wanted it set up "right". It was mainly the location of his bed that irked me, so I wanted to move it. So, that's what I did, and I am pretty happy with the result [not just because the room is clean again, and the bad feelings are gone] but because even Master S was happy enough to run straight in and lay on his bed. He doesn't like napping in there in the afternoon, but today, he chose exactly where he was to lay down, and stayed there.

Project: Room Redecoration. [Master S. comfy on his bed]






mummytime

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for following The Truth About Mummy -Stalking you right back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this age, so very cute, so very frustrating and constant... I have to do this with my kids rooms badly.......

    ReplyDelete