Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Sometimes, particularly when you're trying to quit smoking, it's difficult to be thankful for anything. Actually, if I'm honest, at this stage of quitting, I can understand why some people want to hurt other humans.

Luckily though, my common sense does not rely on Nicotine, so rather than kill, I just rage inside my own brain. At the stupidity of most people I interact with on a day-to-day basis.

But, this isn't 'People I want to hurt Thursday', so here is what I am thankful for this week:

- Guardian Pharmacy patches. They have a smell about them that remind me that despite the fact they stink, at least I smell better than I did when I was smoking.

- Extra Sugar-Free chewy. If the speed of chewing gum were an Olympic event, I'd have more gold than whomever won the most medals in London.

- The Olympics being over. It's easier to not go outside for a smoke when there's good shit on television when the kids are in bed.

- Guitar Hero... For the ad breaks.

And finally,

- The virus I have managed to keep hold of for almost two weeks. Without it, I would be able to breathe, and therefore, would be smoking up a storm by now.

Linking up with Kate Says Stuff for Thankful Thursday.
What are YOU thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment