Thursday, August 16, 2012

Quitting.

I decided yesterday that I'd give up the cigarettes today. So far I've gone about 31 hours without a cigarette. I don't know. I don't really remember my last cigarette yesterday. All I remember is I didn't finish it, and never went outside for one again. It was before PlaySchool was on. That's about all I know.

Quitting smoking has really opened my eyes to a few things. So here is my:

'List of things I've learned since having no Fags!'

- People who aren't me, cannot drive. I followed a car today who pulled into (and then out of) three different car spots, in front of me, with no warning. I gave him some rage (pretty sure there was a fist shake and the word 'bitch' yelled out. Both by me...) and saw the Satan Stick burning away in his mouth. BUTT OUT AND LEARN TO DRIVE, MO' FO.!!

- My cravings are not as strong as they were last time I quit. Sure, I cried over the fact my husband asked me what kind of potatoes I wanted him to get for dinner, when honestly, I just wanted him to be out of my space and buying a fucking bag of potatoes, but otherwise, the urges aren't strong. I am pretty sure there's an almost full pack of cigarettes in my home and I have no desire to sniff them out and smoke them all, as I assumed I would have by now.

- Although I think it's great that I'm giving up smoking and the benefits to my health are boundless, I don't want to talk about it. I don't want people to tell me how well I'm doing. I just want to wake up, go about my daily duties and ignore the fact that my coffee will no longer be accompanied by three smokes in the morning, as it has been for the past 6 years, and instead I'll just be having a coffee...

- Guardian Pharmacy Brand Nicotine Patches shit all over Nicabate! (Hey Guardian, send me out a year's supply of patches and I'll be your bitch for life... Because you know, I'll live longer than I would have before...)

- I am now pro at Guitar Hero.
I went from being mediocre on 'Easy' to being basically professional on 'Medium' in under 12 hours.

- Master S has established several times today that his Daddy is mean, every time he breathes my air. This made me happy. The kids are on my wavelength.

All in all, I'm doing well. I'm not being remotely jerk-like, everyone else is.

No comments:

Post a Comment