Thursday, September 13, 2012

R U OK?

This morning my Dad rang me and asked the question that everyone needs to be asking, not just today because it's R U OK? DAY, but everyday!

This morning he caught me on a day when I am actually feeling okay, but sometimes, I don't feel okay.

And you know what, it took me a long time to realise that it is okay to not feel okay, but if you don't feel okay all the time, then that isn't okay.

I've done the rounds asking my children if they are okay, and sadly, I was met with a 'No' by one, a 'Yes' by the other and some smiley spit bubbles by the youngest.

I asked Miss E just why she wasn't okay today and she told me that Catty scratched her head.

I then asked Catty if she was okay, and she didn't say much of anything except give me the look she always gives me when Miss E yanks on her tail.

So, if you are have a spare minute today ask someone if they are okay!
You just might give someone the opportunity to talk about just why they aren't okay, and make the world of difference!

R U OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment